The AutoXBiax –- is an automated, high- precision measurement device that measures both axial and transverse strain simultaneously and is designed specifically to measure the plastic strain ratio (r-value) for steel. The AutoXBiax exceeds current standards, including ISO 10113, ASTM E517, and JIS Z 2254 and is designed for use on Instron electromechanical 5900 testing systems.
Less Setup, More Testing
- Automatic arm-opening eliminates the need to pause your test for transverse extensometer removal
- Test a wide range of specimens without performing any adjustments
Reduced Variability over Manual Devices
- Repeatable automatic attachment eliminates operator influences, removing a source of inconsistency in results
- Automatic centering improves repeatability by positioning in the center of your gauge length
Maximize Testing Time, Minimize Downtime
- Damage from shock loads is avoided because the system detects peak stress and automatically removes the arms before failure
- Device durability improved due to the use of an optical measurement system that is more robust than linear displacement or strain gauge transducer
- Delicate measuring elements are separated from dirt, debris, and scale, making it well-suited for use in industrial environments
- Utilizes the tried and tested counterbalance technology for virtually frictionless movement over full vertical travel
The AutoX 750 is a high-resolution, long-travel automatic contacting extensometer. It can be mounted onto any electromechanical 3300, 5500, or 5900 table top and floor model systems, as well as LX, DX, HDX, and KN static hydraulic testing systems. It is well suited for applications involving plastics, metals, biomedical, composites, elastomers, and more. The AutoX has a maximum travel of 750 mm and accuracy of ± 1 µm.
- 1.4 MB