EN 1939 Peel Adhesion Self Adhesive Tapes
EN 1939 is used to measure the peel adhesion properties of self-adhesive tapes. The adhesive materials are cut into 24 mm wide specimens and peeled away from the substrate at a 180° angle. EN 1939 is divided into four sections, which describe the adhesion to stainless steel, to backing material, to a liner, and for double-sided tape. The standard also describes methods to perform the peel at low temperatures and at a 90° angle. The test results in a peel strength, generally presented in an average load divided by the specimen width.
The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Compliance with the standard
- Data rate used to capture peaks and troughs
- Gripping materials of varying thickness
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test
- Compliance with the standard – Bluehill® Universal comes with pre-configured test methods and supporting documentation to ensure that you are testing according to EN 1939.
- Data rate used to capture peaks and troughs – Instron’s 5900 series frames enable data capture of up to 2.5 kHz to ensure that all fast changing test events are captured. Too low of a bandwidth may “dull” the system and lead to missed peaks and troughs, resulting in lower average strength values.
- Gripping materials of varying thickness – When testing an adhesive to a thick substrate, standard grips can result in a misaligned specimen. The advanced screw action grips can be adjusted and offset to ensure that the specimen remains centered in the load string.
- Eliminating slippage throughout the test – The advanced screw action grips employ a patented “quick-change” jaw face design which enables operators to easily change jaw faces to accommodate the needs of their materials. Pneumatic grips can also be used for thinner substrates and are able to maintain consistent gripping pressure throughout the test.
Screw side-action grips provide a very simple and efficient method for holding test specimens in a wide range of applications. The dual - acting design of 2710-100 series grips means that jaw faces can be adjusted to accommodate different specimen thicknesses. This ensures that the line of tensile force remains concentric with the grip body. They can be equipped with a selection of interchangeable grip jaw faces in various sizes and choice of surfaces including smooth ground, rubber-coated and serrated. Line contact and special coated faces are also available.The unique ‘snap-on’ jaw face attachment makes changing faces extremely quick and simple.
- 1.3 MB
Bluehill Universal Software is built from the ground-up for touch interaction and an intuitive user experience. Discover simpler and smarter testing with features such as pre-loaded test methods, QuickTest in seconds, enhanced data exporting: and Instron Connect – a new feature that provides a direct communication link to Service. Users of previous versions of software such as Bluehill 2 and Bluehill 3 can easily upgrade to the newest version of Bluehill.
- 2.7 MB
5900 Universal Testing Systems are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer the flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with standard and optional features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator. A wide range of models are available for testing capacities from < 100N up to 600kN.
- 6.8 MB
Die Prüfmaschinenserie 3300 wurde für die Anforderungen standardisierter und routinemäßiger Prüfungen entwickelt. Diese Serie stellt dem Benutzer Instron-Qualität zu einem sehr günstigen Preis zur Verfügung.
- 1.3 MB